Historic Buildings at RDH Learn why we're passionate about preserving older buildings + bringing them to today's standards.More+
Building Science Technologist in Victoria, BC
← Back to Careers
As a Building Science Technologist in RDH’s Victoria office, you will be responsible for preparing graphical design images and guideline content, drafting design drawings and details, and preparing technical guides in collaboration with the internal project team.
It is likely that you will also assist other technical staff with maintenance and planning work, building enclosure condition assessments, investigations, design review, field testing, field review and reporting, and research-related services. Working in the Victoria office will necessitate working on a range of projects and tasks, as well as working collaboratively with other offices at RDH.
As an ideal candidate, you thrive in an active, team-oriented environment, have a passion for making buildings better, and have a strong desire to learn.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION:
- Diploma in Engineering Technology, Architectural Building Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering Technology; Bachelor of Technology in Architectural Science, or equivalent practical experience (2-4 years)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Graphic design skills including proficiency with various software tools including familiarity with or willingness to learn AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Suite, SketchUp, and Revit
- Able to conceptualize details in three dimensions
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly motivated individual who works independently, but is also team oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong desire to learn within the field of building science
- Prepare graphic design elements and technical content for building science research reports, guides and technical documents under the direction and supervision of senior staff.
- Support Senior Architectural Technologist to prepare concept and working drawings for existing building repair projects. Design documentation and communication deliverables may include design reports, sketches, CAD drawings, graphics, and photography.
- Assist with creation of project specifications to identify various issues, including acceptable product materials, material delivery to site, site storage of material, quality assurance of work, installation procedures, protection of finished work, etc.
- Assist other technical staff with a range of projects, including maintenance and planning tasks, building enclosure condition assessments, site investigations, and research projects.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 200+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.