Historic Buildings at RDH Learn why we're passionate about preserving older buildings + bringing them to today's standards.More+
Building Enclosure / Architectural CAD Drafter in Portland, OR
← Back to Careers
Are you a drafter looking to expand your opportunities, with the chance to work on some of the most exciting projects in the building science industry? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team while honing your design skills and knowledge? Then, this may be the position that you are looking for! We’re currently hiring a Building Enclosure/Architectural CAD Drafter for the Portland office.
The Drafter’s primary duty is to work with project team members, including engineers, architects and project managers, preparing construction document packages for RDH building enclosure maintenance, repair, renewal and rehabilitation projects, and graphic design images for a variety of reports and technical documents.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural drafting
- 3 to 7 years of experience drafting in building engineering, building construction, or architectural environments
- Prepare construction document packages for building enclosure maintenance, repair, renewal and rehabilitation projects
- Prepare graphic design elements for reports and technical documents
- Site measurements and field surveys of existing buildings
- There may be an opportunity to use your design skills on other aspects of our rehabilitation and renewal projects.
- Additional drafting, design, and graphic design tasks or projects in support of other service areas
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong AutoCAD and Revit skills
- Sketch Up and Photoshop an asset
- Savvy and quick learner with graphic software
- Some Technical knowledge of building enclosure design and construction principles
- Good communication skills
- Personable and team oriented
- Good time management skills and an ability to work independently to address tight schedules and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand project documents, including technical specifications
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 200+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the USA legally and permanently need apply.