The Accounting Assistant is primarily responsible for Accounts Payable, Client Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, Project Set-up, and other accounting duties as assigned.
Accounts Payable & Employee Expenses
- Ensure appropriate approvals on vendor invoices & expenses reports
- Code and enter invoices in accounting software
- Create and maintain vendor records
- Respond to all vendor and employee payment inquiries
- Review and reconcile vendor statements
- Prepare semi-monthly cheque runs
- Ensure electronic and paper files are in good order
- Review semi-monthly timesheets and utilization reports for accuracy
- Advise employees of errors and assist with correction
- Review new projects in accounting software
- Close projects as indicated by project managers
- Ensure accuracy of project information: phases, billing terms, rate schedules, and other information provided
- Liaise/assist Administrative Assistants with project set-up
- Prepare billing reports for project managers
- Prepare invoices based on instruction from project managers
- Ensure complete and correct back-up is provided with client copy of invoice
- Respond to all client invoice inquiries
- Review monthly accounts receivable reports
- Contact clients regarding outstanding balances
- Liaise between client and project manager when issues arise
- Maintain descriptive and accurate notes of follow-up efforts
Scanning & Filing
- Ensure all files (electronic and paper) are well maintained
- Post-secondary degree in any discipline
- 1-3 years general office experience
- Some bookkeeping/accounting experience preferred
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English)
- Must be quantitative
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Exceptional time-management and organizational/prioritizing skills with great attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with ability to multi-task, work with frequent interruptions and be flexible to take on varied responsibilities
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining composure
- Good judgement to proactively and independently solve problems
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures an asset
- Experience with accounting software an asset
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
The base salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000 annualized for a full-time role. Salary is dependent various factors, including qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. You may also be eligible for discretionary incentives and share ownership.
We offer a robust benefits package to support the well-being of our employees. This includes: GRSP contributions, Health and Dental coverage, Primary Caregiver benefits, Vacation and Sick Time, Statutory Holiday substitutions, and a learning fund of $1,000 per year for education or career goals.
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about Making Buildings Better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of buildings. Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.