The Architectural Technologist assists in the preparation of graphical design images and drawings, construction drawings and details, and contributes to the construction administration process. They also assist with design and condition reports for building enclosure systems in collaboration with internal and external project teams. The ideal candidate thrives in an active environment, has a passion for architecture, building façade systems and building science, and has a strong desire to learn and coordinate with a diverse group of consultants and trades.
- Set up (or contribute to) the set up of a Revit workflow.
- Generate a complete set of design and working drawings, from the available resources, and with direction from the designer.
- Maintain a drawing set through the various phases of the project and be able to manage propagating the changes throughout the set.
- Understand submission processes and be able to help with the generation of the required documents.
- Review shop drawings and submittals
- Assist with specifications
- Assist with site work – field measurements, field verification and documentation
- Assist with product research and sample collection
- Assist with client presentations/meetings
- Assist with the preparation of design reports and document review
- Architectural or Building Technologist with 10+ years of experience.
- Diploma in Architectural or Building Science.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to effectively undertake concept development and prepare graphics and drawings to convey design intent for building enclosure systems.
- Ability to help with coordinating designs with consultants and stakeholder groups.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCad and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D rendering/modeling and design programs (Sketch-Up, Rhino, CATIA, 3DS Max, Photoshop, InDesign) is highly desirable.
- Keen interest in building science with a strong desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Personable and team oriented
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to multi-task
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
The base salary range for this position is $75,000 to $85,000 annualized for a full-time role. Salary is dependent various factors, including qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. You may also be eligible for discretionary incentives and share ownership.
We offer a robust benefits package to support the well-being of our employees. This includes: GRSP contributions, Health and Dental coverage, Primary Caregiver benefits, Vacation and Sick Time, Statutory Holiday substitutions, and a learning fund of $1,000 per year for education or career goals.
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about Making Buildings Better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of buildings. Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally need apply.