Do you appreciate the small details that make up the elements of a diverse, interesting buildings? Are you someone who enjoys design and wants to build upon your skills? Do you enjoy using AutoCAD and Revit in your design work? If so, the Building Enclosure/Architectural CAD and Revit Drafter in our Seattle office may be the position you are looking for!
Although this individual will be involved with a wide variety of tasks, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare building enclosure specific construction details and shop drawings for new buildings.
- Prepare construction document packages for building enclosure maintenance, repair, renewal and rehabilitation projects
- Prepare graphic design elements for reports and technical documents
- Site measurements and field surveys of existing buildings
- Additional drafting, design, and graphic design tasks or projects in support of other service areas
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in architectural drafting or similar
- 2 to 7 years of experience drafting in building engineering, building construction, or architectural environments
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong AutoCAD drafting, Revit, and Sketch Up skills
- Some Technical knowledge of building enclosure design and construction principles
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills and an ability to work independently to address tight schedules and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand project documents
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally and permanently need apply.