Designers will work under the direction of architects, engineers, and project managers in design development, construction documents, and construction administration phases of new construction and enclosure rehabilitation projects.
The designer’s primary duty is to prepare building enclosure related construction document packages and to support visual communication items for client correspondence and presentations. Qualified candidates will also assist in the development of technical publication graphics and illustrations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Architectural Design, or an Associate’s Degree in Architectural/Engineering Drafting
- 2 to 5 years of experience producing construction documents and graphics in building engineering, building construction, or architectural environments.
- Prepare construction document packages for new construction projects, building enclosure maintenance, repair, renewal, and rehabilitation projects
- Prepare illustrations and graphics for reports and technical documents
- Perform site measurement, construction field review and surveys, and assist in the evaluation and investigation of existing buildings for rehabilitation
- Prepare exterior building color renderings and color schemes
- Prepare exterior finish, color, and sample options
- Support the permit application process for a variety of project types
- Additional drafting, design, and graphic design tasks or projects in support of other service areas including publications, energy modeling, and industry presentations
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong AutoCAD Drafting and Revit Experience
- 3D Modeling Software and Adobe Suite proficiency an asset
- Savvy and quick learner with graphics software
- Some Technical knowledge of, and a general interest in, building enclosure design and construction principles
- Good graphic and verbal communication skills
- Personable and team oriented
- Good time management skills and an ability to work independently to address tight schedules and multiple deadlines
- Ability to read and understand project documents, including construction drawings and technical specifications
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the USA legally and permanently need apply.