The Project Manager’s primary duties include technical leadership on various project types ranging from forensic investigations to new construction consulting, including managing other technical staff at RDH. The Project Manager represents RDH, directly interacting with clients, with overall responsibility from project inception to completion, including managing project budgets and invoicing. The Project Manager is also responsible for managing RDH clients, and continual efforts to develop new business and expand RDH’s current client base through various business development efforts.
Building Science Evaluations
- Work with client to define scope of services, plan and coordinate activities of junior staff. Prepare proposal and develop project budgets.
- Review building condition survey results collected from building tenants/owners and documentation such as maintenance records, targeted repair documents, and previous reports by other consultant/professionals.
- Review architectural, structural and mechanical drawings to determine original construction detailing and identify area of risk for water penetration, air leakage, and/or condensation.
- Conduct visual review of the building exterior and interior components, re-evaluating existing conditions and high-risk areas.
- Plan field testing of various building enclosure assemblies, including windows, walls, roofs, etc. Prescribe building enclosure testing using standard testing protocols.
- Prepare technical reports. Review and direct writing of report, fully documenting the current condition, evaluating the future risk and providing high-level recommendations for renewals, rehabilitation, and/or maintenance.
Building Enclosure Consulting – New Construction
- Define scope of services, plan, coordinate, schedule field review activities of all RDH project staff. Prepare proposal and develop project budgets.
- Lead RDH’s efforts in design meetings with Owners, Developers, Architects, and other consultants. Provide design recommendations and design review of building enclosure assemblies and details. Conduct drawing, detail and specification reviews.
- Review construction for conformance to contract documents and overall design intent and prepare site visit reports. Provide oversight of EIT’s and technologists performing field review. Review site visit reports for consistency and technical accuracy.
- Review site visit reports documenting observations and field-testing results.
- Review manufacture’s shop drawings for conformance with the project intent, performance with respect to the various building science principles, and for any scheduling of work issues.
Building Enclosure Repair, Renewal, and Rehabilitation
- Work with client to define scope of services, plan and coordinate activities of other staff. Prepare proposal and develop project budgets.
- Review project detail drawings to ensure they clearly identify and layout the work required at various locations on the building enclosure considering material transitions, sequencing, and performance with respect to heat, air and moisture transport.
- Manage/review project administration, including monthly progress claims and change orders.
- Prepare construction budgets and forecasts and manage cost control and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering, building or architectural science, or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years related professional experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Superior ability to lead and mentor junior staff
- Superior technical knowledge of building enclosure design and construction principles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Superior ability to communicate with clients, trades, employees, project managers, and management
- Superior ability to shift focus between changing priorities
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.