The Business Applications Specialist (Senior) is a key position with our Business Technology group. The role is well-suited for someone who is a self-started and can “think outside of the box”.
Please note that occasionally, there may be a need to work outside of core business hours.
- Integrating on-premises and SaaS applications by using APIs, custom scripts or other integration tools.
- Manage escalated issues for applications where helpdesk is unable to support. This includes but is not limited to Deltek Vantagepoint, M365 applications including Power BI, and other proprietary in-house applications.
- Evaluate and recommend new applications that may include replacement of proprietary RDH applications. Activities will include research, proof-of-concept, integration/customization, testing and support.
- Establish effective working relationships with internal clients to support their technology needs.
- Establish effective working relationships with team members. Collaboration, knowledge sharing and support.
- Proactively identify practice areas that can benefit from new solutions or process automation. Investigate, recommend, build, deploy, and document.
- Be the champion and subject matter expert for M365 apps.
- Collaborate with the different business areas in exploring M365 solutions and other technical solutions.
- Develop and support Business Intelligence dashboards and reports using Power BI.
- Develop and maintain expertise with emerging, current, and evolving technologies, products, and practices.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or a combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in enterprise system integration, Microsoft development technologies, application APIs and databases.
- At least 7-10 years programming experience.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge of security best practices in application integration and development.
- Expert knowledge of data management, data integration and database development techniques. MS SQL or relational database knowledge.
- Knowledge of automation and AI/ML technologies.
- Strong knowledge of M365 suite of apps especially SharePoint, Teams, Power Platform.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Self-starter and a team-player.
- Creative problem solver with a critical mind. Must have ability to “think outside the box”.
- Strong analytic skills – can interpret complex information from various sources and decide on best option.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy – attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken). Ability to interact and respond to multiple stakeholders and prioritize requests.
- Ability to resolve conflicts.
- Customer service oriented as well as technology focus.
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology.
- Ability to cope effectively with change and manage priorities in a fast-paced, results oriented work environment.
- Enjoyment of growth, new challenges, change and back-office operations.
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about Making Buildings Better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of buildings. Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally need apply.