We’re always looking to hire enthusiastic engineering students who have basic training in building science engineering along with some practical field experience in construction to join us for work co-op terms. We value innovative thinking, teamwork, and great communication skills.
The ideal candidate would possess basic technical knowledge in building science, structural and mechanical engineering, or architecture, as well as skills primarily gained through formal training or experience. Students will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of administrative, engineering, or technology projects and support utilizing basic principles and concepts. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. An ability to perform operations utilizing AutoCAD, Revit and Bluebeam may be desired. Most importantly, you must have a strong interest in the field of building science.
During your work term, you will be mentored, both formally and informally, by a variety of staff from senior to junior, many of whom are industry leaders in building science engineering, architecture, and project management.
- Field review of building enclosure components for new construction and renewal projects.
- On-site performance testing of building enclosure assemblies, including air leakage and window water testing.
- Investigation of existing buildings, including visual review of as built conditions, documenting conditions via field notes, sketches, and photos, and providing recommendations for repair, renewal or rehabilitation.
- Design and implementation of building asset management programs.
- Perform energy modeling and benchmarking of existing buildings and new building design to evaluate energy performance and recommend potential energy conservation measures with software such as THERM, DesignBuilder, HOT3000, and eQUEST.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your transcript, cover letter, and resume are included as one PDF. In your cover letter, please state ideal start of work term and for what period (eg. 4 month, 8 month etc).
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.