Are you someone who enjoys working with your hands? Do you have experience with a variety of construction tools and enjoy learning about how things get built? If this sounds like you, RDH Seattle has a Construction Project Manager position that includes these opportunities and much more!
The Construction Project Manager (CPM) role includes managing all aspects of building enclosure maintenance, rehabilitation, and renewal construction projects, while developing new clients and maintaining existing client relationships.
Specific CPM tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the preparation of project budgets, estimates and bidding contractors.
- Coordinate preparation of construction documents, including working drawings, specifications and contracts.
- Manage the bidding process.
- Arrange permits, insurance, and warranty/code reviews.
- Implement and coordinate cost control system for projects. Includes preparing construction budgets and forecasts and managing cost control and reporting.
- Manage project administration, including monthly progress claims and change orders.
- Attend bi-weekly construction meetings, prepare minutes, and follow up on action items.
- Liaise between owners and contractors.
- Work with the Senior Project Managers to deliver an efficient, professional construction management service.
- Actively manage each construction project in your care to ensure compliance with technical, quality, safety, cost, and schedule and client expectations.
- Coordinate project completion and handover, administer building permit closure, and assist with warranty review.
- Manage the completion of deficiencies and incomplete work.
- Settle all accounts and finalize all cost issues.
Client Management Tasks:
- Develop new clients and maintain existing client relationships.
- Participate in business development activities, marketing, and proposal preparation.
- Degree or Diploma in Building Science Technology and/or Construction Management.
- Direct experience in construction, ideally with a general contractor, trade contractor, design consultant, or similar, is preferable.
- Education and knowledge in recognized project management practice is an asset.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of building enclosure design and construction principles.
- In depth knowledge of construction project management standard processes and best practices.
- Experience working with AIA contracts.
- Superior ability to build working relationships and communicate effectively with RDH staff, clients, owners, trades, consultants, and others.
- Superior ability to shift focus between changing priorities and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Comfortable and fluent with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Developing ability to lead, mentor and teach staff of all career levels
- Driver’s license and personal vehicle are required.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the USA legally and permanently need apply.