The Construction Project Manager (CPM) role includes managing all aspects of building enclosure maintenance, rehabilitation and renewal construction projects, while developing new clients and maintaining existing client relationships.
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for coordinating the managing all administrative aspects of each assigned project. Specific CPM tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the preparation of project budgets, estimates and bidding contractors.
- Coordinate preparation of construction documents, including working drawings, specifications and contracts.
- Manage the bidding process.
- Arrange permits, insurance, and warranty/code reviews.
- Implement and coordinate cost control system for projects. Includes preparing construction budgets and forecasts and managing cost control and reporting.
- Manage project administration, including monthly progress claims and change orders.
- Attend bi-weekly construction meetings, prepare minutes, and follow up on action items.
- Liaise between owners and contractors.
- Work with the Senior Project Managers to deliver an efficient, professional construction management service.
- Actively manage each construction project in your care to ensure compliance with technical, quality, safety, cost, and schedule and client expectations.
- Coordinate project completion and handover, administer building permit closure, and assist with warranty review.
- Manage the completion of deficiencies and incomplete work.
- Settle all accounts and finalize all cost issues.
Client Management Tasks:
- Develop new clients and maintain existing client relationships.
- Participate in business development activities, marketing and proposal preparation
- Contribute to proposals and work plans and follow up to secure work.
- Manage client business relationship and billings.
Service Area Development:
- Assess and identify how our services in the project and construction management group could be improved and better integrated with our services in Existing Buildings and Maintenance and Planning services.
- Assist with development and delivery of in-house and client education and training programs where applicable.
There may be an occasional need to visit and work in conjunction with RDH’s other offices from time to time, as well as travel to other geographic locations to fulfill this role. There will be a need to attend after-hours client meetings and / or business events on an occasional basis.
- Degree or Diploma in Building Science Technology and/or Construction Management.
- Direct experience as construction project manager (at least 5 years), ideally with a general contractor, large trade contractor or similar is preferable.
- Education and knowledge in recognized project management practice is required.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Intermediate technical knowledge of building enclosure design and construction principles.
- In depth knowledge of construction project management standard processes and best practices.
- Experience working with AIA contracts.
- Superior ability to build working relationships and communicate effectively with RDH staff, clients, owners, trades, consultants and others.
- Superior ability to shift focus between changing priorities and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Comfortable and fluent with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Developing ability to lead, mentor and teach staff of all career levels in order to enrich and further develop our knowledge base.
- Driver’s license and personal vehicle are required.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the USA legally and permanently need apply.