The Drafter will work under the direction of architects, engineers, and project managers in design development, construction documents, and construction administration phases of new construction and enclosure rehabilitation projects.
The Drafter’s primary duty is to prepare building enclosure-related construction document packages and to support visual communication items for client correspondence and presentations. Qualified candidates will also assist in the development of technical publication graphics and illustrations.
- Prepare construction document packages for new construction projects, building enclosure maintenance, repair, renewal, and rehabilitation projects
- Prepare illustrations and graphics for reports and technical documents
- Prepare design development renderings, illustrations, and other graphics for technical materials including presentations and publications
- Prepare exterior finish, color, and sample options
- Support the permit application process for a variety of project types
- Additional drafting, design, and graphic design tasks or projects in support of other service areas including publications, energy modeling, and industry presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Architectural Design, or an Associate’s Degree in Architectural/Engineering Drafting
- 2 to 5 years of experience producing construction documents and graphics in building engineering, building construction, or architectural environments.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture and AXP Candidate an asset
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong AutoCAD drafting, Revit, and Sketch Up skills
- Experience using 3D Modeling Software and Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign an asset
- Savvy and quick learner with graphics software
- Some technical knowledge of, and a general interest in, building enclosure design and construction principles
- Some technical knowledge of, and a general interest in, existing construction evaluation and rehabilitation design
- Good graphic and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and an ability to work independently to address tight schedules and multiple deadlines
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and technical specifications
- Personable and team oriented
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.