The Energy and Sustainability Analyst’s primary tasks will include building energy modelling and thermal modelling for code compliance, Passive House, LEED® and building energy studies under the direction of senior technical staff and project managers. Additional tasks may include energy benchmarking studies, energy economics, policy and Demand Side Management (DSM) program analysis, market studies, life cycle analysis, and other research and testing work.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Applied Science or Engineering
- Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant designation (CPHC/CPHD), or working towards designation
- Registration as an EIT, or eligibility for registration, is preferred
- Additional courses related to building science, Passive House, sustainability, and energy efficiency
- 1-2 years previous related experience an asset
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES:
- Strong interest in energy efficiency and sustainable building design
- Excellent understanding of building science, heat transfer, and thermodynamics fundamentals
- Knowledge of green building programs and energy efficient building principles
- Experience with energy modelling software such as HOT2000, eQuest, OpenStudio, EnergyPlus, and/or DesignBuilder is an asset
- Experience with the Passive House standard and PHPP modelling is an asset
- Experience applying economic principles and conducting life-cycle financial analysis is an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and strong investigative aptitude, including ability to troubleshoot energy models
- Excellent ability to communicate with clients, peers, project managers, and management both verbally and in written format
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with clients, staff, and consultants
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Good ability to shift focus between changing priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Perform whole building energy modelling, interpret results, make recommendations, and prepare reports documenting analysis and results
- Perform research and analysis tasks for various building science and energy research projects. Compile, analyze and interpret data, prepare reports and presentations
- Prepare reports, papers, and presentations to clearly and accurately illustrate findings and recommendations
- Perform thermal (HEAT3, THERM, and WINDOW) analyses and prepare reports documenting analysis and results
- Work with clients and utilities to collect energy consumption billing data; benchmark building energy performance using ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager and other tools, analyze and interpret results
- Perform energy efficiency assessments of existing buildings, identify areas to reduce energy consumption, complete energy savings estimates
- Perform incremental costing of energy upgrade opportunities, and benefit-cost analyses
- Work with utility DSM programs, including completion of energy measurement and verification studies
- Provide energy policy and market research, including stakeholder surveys and data mining and analysis
- Prepare energy related guidelines for government agencies
- Install monitoring equipment and sensors within buildings to collect pertinent performance data such as temperature, relative humidity, moisture content, pressure, CO2 etc. Analyze collected data, synthesize results and prepare reports and presentations documenting findings
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 200+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.