Are you looking to work with a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team in an industry leading consulting firm? Do you want to work with a variety of construction properties and materials? Do you have experience with building enclosure or façade elements for new high-performance buildings? If so, the Façade Consultant role in our Seattle office may be the position you are looking for!
Although this individual will be involved with a wide variety of tasks, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Application and coordination of building science fundamentals and knowledge of building enclosure best practices during design and construction phases.
- Participate and actively contribute to design workshops, where cladding solutions and glass and material selection are explored and determined. Workshops will be with architects, fellow professionals, and the cladding industry.
- Develop cladding solutions through free hand sketching, 2D and 3D CAD modelling for use with design team coordination or contractor tender packages.
- Develop and witness performance testing programs and prepare associated technical reports.
- Carry out factory visits, site inspections and prepare associated technical reports.
- Coordinate the work of other team members and coordinate work with building professionals of other disciplines.
- Establish and maintain client communications to coordinate project needs, tasks, and deliverables.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering, Masters strongly preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Design skills associated cladding and building enclosure detailing.
- AutoCAD, Revit, RHINO, Grasshopper, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchup experience highly desirable
- Experience with 3d computer modeling packages/2-D CAD is desired, but not essential.
- US Cladding industry experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Project management experience in consulting engineering context.
- Familiarity with domestic and international façade design, fabrication, procurement, and construction trends and developments. Be aware of façade industry fabrication constraints and constructability issues.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the USA legally and permanently need apply.