The Façade Structural BIM/CAD Project Manager role has been created to support RDH’s robust Façade Structural Group’s growing needs, working on exciting projects across North America. Within the team, you will also work alongside external BIM/Shop drawings drafters/modellers to service our clients in CAD/BIM and execute timely submittals. With dozens of projects underway at any given time, we expect you will be responsible for the complete management of 1 to 5 projects at a time. You will be supported and mentored by a team of façade structural engineering managers and project managers in your work, and as you progress within your role.
This position may be remote, if desired. Working hours are flexible. On occasion, there may be a need for overtime work or work outside of regular business hours to meet project demands.
- Maintain deep knowledge of glazing systems and other cladding systems for commercial/residential construction.
- Review and provide quality control for submittals before issuing them to clients. This will include both 2d shop drawings and 3d Revit models.
- Support Façade Engineering group with 3d visualizations, renderings and diagrams using Revit, AutoCAD 3d, Sketchup or Rhino.
- Participate in BIM coordination and clash finding meetings with contractors, architects, and other trades. Coordinate necessary revisions with the RDH FS project manager and drafting/modelling group leader.
- Prepare engineering calculations and detailed designs; discuss project requirements and solutions with senior engineers and clients.
- Prepare Revit models and glazing shop drawings on projects as required.
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings for other structural projects as required.
- Oversee shop drawing preparation for fenestration systems.
- Liaise with clients, other consultants, contractors, building officials and suppliers as required.
- Review architectural and structural drawings to become familiar with overall building design intent, including structural design of glazing systems and metal cladding for commercial/residential construction.
- Review any other documentation, including maintenance records, targeted repair documents, and previous reports by other consultant/professionals.
- Associates Degree with an architectural/construction concentration.
- 3 years of experience working for a glazing contractor or glazing manufacturer with proven ability to self motivate and lead.
- 3+ years of experience in BIM project execution with confidence in ability to manage projects.
- Revit and AutoCAD training certification.
- 2 years of experience managing similar projects preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to undertake façade structural drafting and modelling design work with a variety of materials and direct the preparation of drawings.
- Deep knowledge of glazing systems and technology required.
- AutoCAD and Revit familiarity and experience an asset.
- Technical knowledge in building science an asset.
- SketchUp and/or Rhino familiarity and experience an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Demonstrate a commitment to client service.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are required.
- Highly motivated individual who works independently, but is also team oriented and can provide leadership
- Able to conceptualize structural and architectural details in three dimensions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Teams, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong desire to learn
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.