The Façade Structural Engineer role requires knowledge of glazing system technology, structural engineering analysis and design skills utilizing aluminum and glass, as well as knowledge of traditional primary structural design utilizing steel, concrete and wood.
- Structural design of glazing systems and other cladding systems for commercial/residential construction
- Field Review of fabrication and installation at project sites, with corresponding reports
- Prepare engineering calculations and detailed designs; discuss project requirements and solutions with Senior Engineers and Clients
- Investigation of glazing system performance problems in the field
- Oversight of drawing preparation for fenestration systems
- Liaise with the Structural Engineer of Record and Coordinating Registered Professional as required.
- Liaise with clients, other consultants, contractors, building officials and suppliers as required
- Review architectural and structural drawings to become familiar with the overall building design intent including structural design of glazing systems and metal cladding for commercial/residential construction.
- Review any other documentation, including maintenance records, targeted repair documents, and previous reports by other consultant/professionals.
- Prepare written reports as required
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Science with a structural concentration
- Minimum 5 years work experience as a structural engineer
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
- P.E. registration in U.S. jurisdictions an asset
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to undertake structural design work with a variety of materials, review designs by others, and direct the preparation of drawings, and specifications
- Technical knowledge in building science an asset
- SketchUp, Catia, AutoCAD and Revit familiarity and experience an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Demonstrate a commitment to client service
- Attention to detail and accuracy are required
- Highly motivated individual who works independently, but is also team oriented and can provide leadership
- Able to conceptualize structural and architectural details in three dimensions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong desire to learn
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.