Are you looking to work with a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team in an industry leading firm? Do you want to work with a variety of construction properties and materials? Do you have experience with glazing system technology and enjoy engaging in structural analysis? If so, the Façade Structural Engineer role in our Oakland office may be the position you are looking for!
Although this individual will be involved with a wide variety of tasks, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Structural design of glazing systems and other cladding systems for commercial/residential construction
- Field Review of fabrication and installation at project sites, with corresponding reports
- Prepare engineering calculations and detailed designs; discuss project requirements and solutions with Senior Engineers and Clients
- Investigation of glazing system performance problems in the field
- Oversight of drawing preparation for fenestration systems
- Liaise with the Structural Engineer of Record and Coordinating Registered Professional as required.
- Liaise with clients, other consultants, contractors, building officials and suppliers as required
- Civil engineering degree from ABET accredited university and PE or ability and desire to obtain it in near future is required. Master’s degree and NCEES record is a plus.
- 3-5 years of US structural experience in commercial building construction designing aluminum and glass facades, fenestrations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Working experience design with wood, steel and concrete.
- Deep knowledge of IBC, CBC and industry standards
- Strong computer skills and working experience with FEM
- Have excellent graphic presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Be prepared to communicate with the variety of stakeholders- clients, design teams, contractors.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally and permanently need apply.