Are you looking to work with a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team in an industry leading firm? Do you want to work with a variety of construction properties and materials? Do you have experience with glazing system technology and enjoy engaging in structural analysis? If so, the Façade Structural Engineer role in our Oakland office may be the position you are looking for!
Although this individual will be involved with a wide variety of tasks, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Structural design of glazing systems and other cladding systems for commercial/residential construction
- Field Review of fabrication and installation at project sites, with corresponding reports
- Prepare engineering calculations and detailed designs; discuss project requirements and solutions with Senior Engineers and Clients
- Investigation of glazing system performance problems in the field
- Oversight of drawing preparation for fenestration systems
- Liaise with the Structural Engineer of Record and Coordinating Registered Professional as required.
- Liaise with clients, other consultants, contractors, building officials and suppliers as required
- Civil engineering degree from ABET accredited university and PE or ability and desire to obtain it in near future is required. Master’s degree and NCEES record is a plus.
- 3-5 years of US structural experience in commercial building construction designing aluminum and glass facades, fenestrations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Working experience design with wood, steel and concrete.
- Deep knowledge of IBC, CBC and industry standards
- Strong computer skills and working experience with FEM
- Have excellent graphic presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Be prepared to communicate with the variety of stakeholders- clients, design teams, contractors.
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about Making Buildings Better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of buildings. Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally need apply.