The Façade Structural Engineer role requires knowledge of façade systems technology with a focus on glazing engineering analysis and design, as well as design skills utilizing aluminum and other cladding materials/components. In addition, familiarity with the façade interface and the primary structure is helpful.
- Perform structural calculations for glazing systems and other cladding systems for commercial/residential construction
- Conduct Field Reviews to confirm general compliance of the installation at project sites, with corresponding reports
- Review and seal shop drawings and details
- Investigate facade system performance problems in the field
- Liaise with clients, other consultants, contractors, building officials and suppliers as required
- Conduct business development efforts in increasing our clientele base
- Be involved in and attend OGMA (Ontario Glass and Metal Contractors Association) events/meetings
- Be involved in and conduct client webinars/seminars focused on façade topics (2 per year minimum)
- Be willing to find and introduce our services to new potential clients
- Be willing to look for opportunities and engage in networking activities
- Management of shop drawing preparation for facade systems
- Execute a scope of work within a defined budget.
- Work with clients to get change orders approved.
- Manage client needs and understand their organizations needs as a whole.
- Define scope of services, plan, coordinate, schedule field review activities. Prepare proposal and develop project budgets.
- Participate in design meetings with owners, developers, architects, and other consultants. Provide design recommendations and design review of cladding system.
- Analyze and prepare written reports and presentations, fully documenting the current conditions, evaluating future risks, and providing recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Science with a structural concentration
- Minimum 5 years work experience as a structural engineer or façade engineer
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
- P.E. registration in U.S. jurisdictions an asset
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to undertake structural design work with a variety of materials, review designs by others, and direct the preparation of drawings, and specifications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills a must
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Demonstrate a commitment to client service
- Attention to detail and accuracy are required
- Highly motivated individual who works independently, but is also team oriented and can provide leadership
- AutoCAD and Revit familiarity and experience an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Technical knowledge in building science an asset
- Strong desire to learn
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about Making Buildings Better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of buildings. Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek diversity in our teams and embrace inclusivity. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in our employment practices.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada and US legally and permanently need apply.