The Field Representative is primarily responsible for providing new construction field review, inspection, and water testing and reporting.
- Conduct site visits to review above- and below-grade waterproofing and roofing installations to verify compliance with manufacturer’s warranty requirements and to check conformance with drawings, submittals, and specifications.
- Write site visit reports for the site visits.
- Coordinate directly with the General Contractors, Roofing and Waterproofing Installers as well as the RDH project manager assigned to the project to schedule site visits and to make sure all the required site visits for the project are covered.
- If not able to cover a specific visit, alert project manager in time to have alternate RDH staff cover the required site visit.
- Assist with field water testing and other performance testing of various building enclosure assemblies, including windows, walls, and roofing and waterproofing systems.
- 2-year technical degree or university degree, preferably in Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering Technology, or equivalent practical construction inspection experience
- Previous construction or related roofing, waterproofing, glazing installation, lab or field testing or inspection experience will be considered as equivalent practical experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Some technical knowledge of building enclosure design and/or construction practices
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Good ability to communicate with clients, trades, employees, project managers, and management
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about making buildings better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally need apply.