The HR Coordinator’s main priorities will be to support the Human Resources team in the areas of full cycle recruitment, onboarding, and administrative tasks contributing to the efficient and professional delivery of HR programs, processes and services across the organization. We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate individual, who is looking to build a career in HR, has a strong work ethic, high sense of urgency, easily adapts to changing environments, communicates well, and delivers timely results on multiple priorities. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and use sound judgment when completing tasks, being mindful of the company’s core values and HR principles.
The HR Coordinator will work closely with other members of the HR team and RDH staff members by providing customer-focused comprehensive support.
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by helping to source candidates, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, and conducting reference and background checks.
- Coordinate the posting of all new open positions as directed by the HR Manager including the company career page as well as identifying, recommending and facilitating external resources to post positions.
- Assist with effectively communicating the established corporate recruitment process to all hiring managers.
- Compile, file, and maintain employee documentation such as confidential forms and records (soft and hard files).
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date, comprehensive HR filing systems and personnel records and ensure they are compliant with all laws and regulations
- Facilitate and coordinate employee onboarding
- Assist with exit interview processes
- Foster positive working relationships with employees and the management team.
- Provide front line services to employees and respond to general HR queries
- Assist employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests for verification of employment and unemployment requests and appeals.
- Assist with creating, updating, and implementing new policies.
- Conduct research, generate reports, and assist with other HR-related projects.
- Perform general clerical duties with confidential HR information, including drafting general forms, letters, reports, and memos.
- Assist with benefits administration
- Plan and organize meetings by assembling the agenda and taking care of other meeting logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of recruitment experience or equivalent HR Generalist experience
- General knowledge of federal, state/provincial, and local employment laws, regulations, and standards and human rights legislation
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Must have a basic understanding of HR functions: benefits, payroll, recruiting, training and development
- Demonstrated flexibility coping effectively with change and managing priorities in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating sound judgement and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive and results-oriented with the ability to take initiative
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Sound analytical skills; able to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to proactively identify areas where you can contribute/make things better.
- Ability to interact and respond to multiple stakeholders and prioritize requests.
- A team player that fosters a collaborative spirit with the ability to anticipate the need of the team/department.
- Impeccable judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues independently with judgement of when to escalate as required – sense of accountability and sound professional judgment.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 200+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.