Support implementation and sustainment of RDH’s people technology system, UKG Pro, by functioning as a technology and process consultant for Talent & Culture (T&C), Payroll and Finance. Partner with T&C teammates and cross-functional stakeholders to meet objectives. The HRMS Specialist provides functional and technical support by continually configuring and maintaining the HRMS. Assume a proactive and reactive approach to research and analysis and support general T&C functions such as system onboarding, job changes, and separations and administer the creation of supporting documentation for processes and transactions.
Opportunities in a remote/hybrid role are available. Preference towards proximity near our West Coast offices (Vancouver, Victoria, Oakland and Seattle).
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert on the UKG Pro system and primary liaison with UKG implementation and service teams.
- Translate business objectives and user needs into clearly written technical requirements.
- Analyze processes, improve workflows, and leverage technology to automate them for implementation of new HRMS as well as improvement and support off existing legacy systems.
- Configure and maintain the HRMS application to maintain optimum functionality.
- Work with the Business Technology team to ensure system security.
- Assign and maintain system access and role permissions to ensure privacy and confidentiality of sensitive employee and business information.
- Lead HRMS upgrades, patches, user-acceptance testing, validation of processes, data flows, and other technical issues as needed, troubleshooting as necessary.
- Perform regular audits, develop best practices, maintain relevant documentation, and educate end-users.
- Participate in implementation and transition projects; maintain and support the system and ongoing reporting.
- Design, develop and interpret reports while adhering to internal standards to ensure reuse and maintainability. Assist T&C, Payroll, other teams, and managers in creating advanced reports supporting their day-to-day responsibilities and creating ad hoc reports as required.
- Manage the recruiting process in UKG’s ATS function (job description library, job postings, interview scheduling, background checks, preboarding, onboarding, offer letters.)
- Support workflows for benefits enrollment/changes, job changes, compensation, performance, and offboarding processes through the HRMS and related documentation preparation.
- Work with group leader and legal counsel, as necessary, to ensure all policy documentation within UKG Pro is compliant.
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop new HRMS procedures.
- Collaborate with and maintain a strong partnership with T&C team and other stakeholders.
- Perform data collection, data entry, retrieval, analytics, and reporting based upon operational needs.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources with a strong focus on technology systems.
- 4+ years of experience with HRMS: UKG (required), Ceridian, ADP, etc.
- Advanced experience with MS Excel, data analysis & reporting.
- Strong functional knowledge of human resources business processes (hiring, compensation, benefits, payroll, performance, learning, and supporting operations).
- Experience with HCM life cycle support and relational database experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Uncompromising integrity, discretion, and demonstrated ability of holding confidential information.
- Understand that credibility and trust come from keeping commitments and helping others.
- Exude confidence, passion, creativity, commitment, and fun in leading new initiatives for stronger employee experience and organizational culture.
- Well-developed EQ that keeps you objective, positive and balanced in your thinking and interactions. Good custodian of your emotions
- Take responsibility for yourself and your actions; strong sense of accountability and learning from mistakes.
- Thrive in change and transformation, challenge status quo for the better.
- Achiever with a bias for results; self-driven and collaborative.
- Analytic, critical, and strategic thinker with a balance of strategy and tactics.
- Comfortable and effective driving initiatives and change with a bias for simplicity and positive experiences.
- Explore the past for learning and understanding; orient and act in the present with a future focus.
- Centered on situational solutions rather than policing rules.
- Pro at managing up, down, and sideways and knowing your audience.
- Hold yourself and others accountable.
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about Making Buildings Better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of buildings. Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek diversity in our teams and embrace inclusivity. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in our employment practices.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada or US legally and permanently need apply.