Do you have a passion for elevating learning environments within dynamic organizations? Do you have a background designing and delivering training platforms for adult learners? Does innovative, emerging technology and learning processes pique your interest? If so, RDH’s exciting new position as an Instructional Designer in might be for you! Remote opportunities are available.
Although this individual will be involved with a wide variety of tasks, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Apply sound instructional design principles to create engaging industry facing in-person and e-learning opportunities. Audience groups include building trades, design professionals, and other building/construction industry professionals.
- Create instructional materials such as lesson plans, presentation slides, user guides, handouts, infographics, templates, interactive eLearning, videos, assessments, etc.
- Develop and implement instructional design processes and workflows
- Manage external knowledge sharing projects including on-demand courses, presentations, guidelines and other resources; work with our subject matter experts and communications team to execute and promote content
- Manage RDHs external facing learning management system including the creation of new courses and related materials.
- Work closely with technical staff to produce video content including recorded presentations
- Degree or advanced certificate program in curriculum and instruction, or equivalent combination of education and training expertise
- 3+ years’ experience developing instructional materials for adult learners, including development of training program curricula and e-learning materials
- Knowledge of how to apply adult learning and instructional design principles in business environments to support formal and informal learning, online and offline
- Practical knowledge of Learning Management Systems
- Interest in being part of a growing service area with a goal of making all buildings better
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of best practices and application of emerging technologies in learning, training, and publication of materials
- Proactive and results-oriented with the ability to take initiative and to work with little supervision
- Capacity for innovation and creativity, research, analysis, and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated flexibility coping effectively with change and managing priorities in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
- Excellent organizational skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while supporting multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US or Canada legally and permanently need apply.