The IT Manager is a key corporate operational role that supports operations across 9 RDH offices in North America. The successful applicant will be a proven IT manager with a diverse skill set who can hold their own on many technical topics and have an insatiable appetite for learning.
Your primary focus will be overseeing all activities in the IT department. You are eager to roll up your sleeves to contribute to and implement a multi-year IT strategy in support of the company’s growth that will mean a lot of learning and challenges along the way. You expect the IT services under your control to be continually improving, and you enjoy establishing good working relationships. Achieving customer satisfaction of your internal users is, and will remain, your top priority. The ability to rapidly develop an understanding of RDH’s culture, needs, and priorities is critical for success in this position.
Overall responsibility for the operation of RDH’s IT systems, from network infrastructure and corporate applications, to end- user existing systems and future needs.
- Develop strategy and roadmaps for IT solutions.
- Develop, maintain, review, test, and improve backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity plan.
- Coordinate all major IT projects including system updates, migrations and outages.
- Support the preparation of the annual IT budget. Review invoices and ensure prompt payment.
- Responsible for managing IT items related to office relocations and acquisitions.
- Working with our security consultants, responsible for security of information systems, all cybersecurity initiatives, network security, and endpoint protection.
- Understand user needs, design solutions to meet business and stakeholder requirements and execute to provide timely results.
- Work with the Business Applications Group to report on application and system performance.
- Recommend and implement new tools & processes that enable scalability and efficiency to support RDH as the company continues to grow.
- Manage IT Managed Service Provider/s (MSP) as RDH’s main point of contact.
- Provide hands-on technical support when required.
- Ongoing review and audit of incidents, services requests, problems and calls.
- Establish and manage SLAs with the business and vendors.
- Develop and maintain IT documentation of all RDH locations.
- Establish, develop and maintain policies, procedures and processes and ensure team compliance.
- Manage the procurement, allocation and inventory management of IT assets.
- Manage software/applications licenses and renewals.
- Establish regular vendor reviews.
- Domain management – including registrations, renewals, security certificates.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years experience managing IT operations for a mid-sized organization.
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of modern IT infrastructure, desktop environment, and modern IT service management.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Experience working with stakeholders to communicate issues while balancing business expectations.
- Established time management skills with the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of M365 services, especially Active Directory, Azure AD, SSO, Hyper-V and PowerShell.
- Demonstrated experience with backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft security tools, endpoint protection and cybersecurity practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Intune, Autopilot, GPO, Apple Business Manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong communications skills – written and presenting skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Customer-centric approach with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with the business.
- Willingness to take ownership and accept accountability.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced IT environment.
- Continuous learning and improvement.
- Excellent documentation and diagramming skills. Experience with developing roadmap for solutions.
- Flexibility when necessary and patience
Working outside of core business hours, and willingness to travel if required.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.