Are you an administrative and project-focused superstar, with excellent communication skills and an eye for details? Do you enjoy providing operational support, interacting with people, multitasking, and developing relationships with external and internal clients? If so, RDH Seattle wants you to join us as an Office Administrator!
- Liaise with the vendors, contractors, etc.
- Maintain the server room (including after hours upgrades)
- Maintain field equipment (calibrations and consumables)
- Maintain company vehicles including repairs, vehicle check in/check out, security, registration, etc)
- Order office furniture and assist with office space planning
- Negotiate lease renewals, arrange maintenance and service, and assist staff with usage
- Act as the primary afterhours contact with our security company
- Facility management-oversee facility related matters, such as security, janitorial, disposal, recycling, and repairs
Health & Safety Duties
- H&S committee member
- Assist in the implementation of H&S policies and procedures
- Schedule and track the online and other H&S training of the staff.
- Schedule third party safety training classes as required to keep staff H&S training up to date.
- Order PPEs (personal protective equipment) and field supply items
- Writing safety bulletins, maintaining SDS binder/reference and emergency procedure documents for Seattle office
- Ensure that COVID policy is followed by employees, send out communications to staff, and update signage as policies change
- Tracking, application, and renewals for business licensing
- Maintain staff “out of office / vacation calendar”
- Maintain the insurance certificate folder
- Establish new vendor accounts
- Assist with new hires, onboarding, timesheet instruction, and departures
- Set up desk workstations
- Assist staff with business card requests and clothing orders
- Coordinate with Marketing the inventory of company promo wear including tracking of staff distribution
- Provide technical support
- Order new computers, troubleshoot, maintain asset tag log, etc.
- Plan and coordinate office events
- Local business development support
- Primary back-up for the reception desk when the Administrative Assistant is on lunch break, is sick, or is on vacation
Technical Data and Document Management
- Receive data and relevant documents from vendors, clients, and partners and save the information on the company server and/or on our Technical Library shelves.
- Undertake data processing and analysis under the guidance of technical staff; input data into software such as online benchmarking systems, in-house spreadsheets and others.
- Prepare reports using data, including data completeness summaries.
- High School diploma/GED required
- College degree or training certificate in business administration, management, clerical, or project management
- Current driver’s license
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience with facilities management, including building-wide upkeep requirements and managing the delivery of tenant improvement projects
- Intermediate to advanced word processing skills (MS Word)
- Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to use and troubleshoot all types of office equipment -fax, copier, scanner, printers, telephone system, cell phones, digital cameras
- Current knowledge of standard office management procedures, office service, supply pricing, and a troubleshooter of all types of office equipment
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Maintain record keeping for administrative budget and planning (ie monthly office admin budget sheet)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to problem solve
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally and permanently need apply.