Do you enjoy being the go-to person in the office? Are organization skills one of your strong assets? Do you want to work for firm that does boat trips, paint nights, and cooking classes?
RDH is an industry leader in building science, construction expertise and research. Our team is rapidly growing, and we are looking for a Project and Administrative Assistant to support our expanding team. If you have initiative, a great attitude, and willingness to learn, this job is for you!
This position is part-time, temporary with the opportunity for permanent placement. The job is 100% on-site at our Seattle office location in North Lake/Wallingford – not a remote work role. Ideally, the candidate will be in office at minimum 4 days per week, 5 hours a day in the afternoon – approximately 20 hours per week.
The role of the Project and Administrative Assistant includes assisting Principals, Project Managers, Site Managers, and other team members with administration, communications, project support, and data management. This position requires that the Assistant to work self-directed and independently to keep pace with an ongoing list of tasks and team needs and to consistently deliver a high quality work product. The day-to-day activities of this role are regularly subject to change, and the position requires an ability to self-manage and shift priorities to suit the needs.
- You will be the first contact for many of our client relationships. Be well-versed in our services and abilities and communicate with clients regarding projects needs. You will direct client questions and queries to the key RDH team members.
- Be the go-to office resource and problem solver providing support to all staff, project managers and team leads.
- Prepare various internal and external correspondence (such as transmittals, letters, email, etc.)
- Assist Project managers by initialing projects in accounting interface and setting up initial project files on server. Assist in maintaining project details and client information in accounting interface.
- Assist project managers with project specific invoicing and reporting needs including data pull and spreadsheet reporting.
- Work with project managers to set up internal and external meetings. Attend and take meeting minutes. Upload and manage meeting minutes and other project campus updates and revisions.
- Manage various document uploads to online project management tools.
- Set up Bluebeam sessions for various project drawing or document reviews by staff.
- Assist with preparing and reconciling expense reports.
- Assist accounting with processing accounts payable invoices including project cost tracking, and cost coding.
- Collect and track insurance documents relating to various clients and projects at RDH.
- Generate draft generating proposals from standard templates for different types of projects or phase.
- Assist in preparing formal RFQ and RFP responses for larger projects. Assist in maintaining RFP reference library.
- Be well versed in the use of Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Be computer smart and independent and provide assistance to the team with document preparation.
- Assist team members in tracking of submittals and other documents received from and returned to exterior contacts and project teams.
- Assist with accounts receivable collection, opportunity tracking and future project planning.
- Coordinate meetings, make calls, and run errands as needed.
- Coordinate office and administrative needs including materials, tools, equipment, and other needs.
- Help with new employee onboarding tasks and training.
- Track and collect material and product data to assist with preparation of building enclosure maintenance manuals and compile electronic archive of project documents for Owner
Specific responsibilities include:
- General Project Support: Assist with daily project needs as assigned by the Project Principals, Managers and technical staff.
- Project Delivery: Assist the Project Managers to help them ensure their projects meet internal requirements in areas such as budget, contract, billing, documentation, communication, and quality control. Develop an understanding of the overall scope of work for each project assigned.
- Technical Data and Document Management: Manage data and relevant documents according to RDH standard document management processes. Undertake data processing and analysis under the guidance of technical staff.
- Principal and Project Manager Support: Provide general assistance to senior staff as needed. This work may be fairly wide ranging, from the initial draft of documentation to preparing expenses, tracking submittals and offering miscellaneous support to senior project managers and Project Principals.
- General Office Support: Provide general office support, including reception, when necessary.
- Administrative Assistance: Project initiation and file set-up, meeting arrangements including booking rooms, catering and AV equipment coordination.
- College diploma or university degree, or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to anticipate project needs and identify work assignments independently
- Strong sense of urgency with excellent organizational skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to successfully work under multiple deadline pressures
- Numerically inclined with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical editing and writing
- Meticulous, resourceful, and reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proactive approach and self-motivated
- Willingness to collaborate within a team and grow professionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point. Knowledge of Bluebeam Revu software and Microsoft Teams would be an asset
- Direct experience with front desk activities including answering calls, directing messages to appropriate staff, sorting mail, preparing shipments, printing, etc.
- Comfortable working directly with principals, senior managers and technical staff
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Interest in building science and making the buildings that we live, work and play in better
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally and permanently need apply.