The Project Assistant role provides critical support for our engineering teams. In this role you will be involved with a diverse set of responsibilities and tasks, primarily working with our Principals and Project Managers to perform a range of administrative duties including proofreading reports, organizing catering, coordinating meetings, and maintain internal management information. You will need to be highly organized, adaptable, good at prioritizing, and excellent at communicating with a broad set of team members to ensure objectives are met. The ability to proactively identify needs and provide assistance is a key to success in this role.
The role of the Project Assistant includes assisting Principals, Project Managers and other members of the team with administration, communications, project support, and data management
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively identify work assignments that need to be completed. Work with other members of the team to provide backup support as needed
- Preparing documents including reports, proposals, and specifications based on RDH standards including development of non-technical content, formatting, and proofreading for final quality control
- Client communication including coordination regarding proposal and report delivery Professional and timely communication skills required
- Provide project support on an as-needed basis including document management, updating internal databases, creating spreadsheets, word processing and researching topics
- Support senior staff with day-to-day administration including preparing expenses, processing invoices, and following-up on accounts receivable
- Provide general administrative assistance including project initiation and file set-up, meeting arrangements including booking rooms, arranging catering, setting up AV equipment, managing registrations and memberships, and making travel bookings
- Provide onboarding support to assist with familiarizing new employees with standard practices, systems, and resources
- Provide back up coverage for reception as required
- College/University program diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years previous work experience
- Administration experience providing preferably both project and staff support
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent team player, with a focus on overall team success
- Ability to anticipate needs and identify work assignments independently
- Strong sense of urgency with excellent organizational skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines (confidence to ask for deadlines/urgency is essential)
- Ability to successfully work under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Numerically inclined with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical editing/writing experience a necessity
- Meticulous, resourceful, and reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Power Point
- Comfortable working directly with principals, senior managers and technical staff
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility, patience, good judgement will be necessary.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.