The Administrative and Project Assistant role provides critical support for our technical teams. In this role you will be involved with a diverse set of responsibilities and tasks, providing general office support and working with our Principals and Project Managers to perform a range of duties. You will need to be highly organized, adaptable, good at prioritizing, and excellent at communicating with a broad set of team members to ensure objectives are met.
We are looking for someone who is approachable and detail oriented, with an ability to prioritize and self-direct a daily workload including juggling simultaneous priorities to consistently meet deadlines and complete projects. The role will primarily support our teams located in Victoria and Courtenay, but may also support other offices as needed.
- General Office Support /Administration: This includes answering and directing phone calls, handling deliveries; ensuring the office environment is safe, clean, and running properly; maintaining office supplies; ordering and assisting with field equipment items, as necessary; assisting with meeting setups and clean ups; liaising with IT for technical needs, equipment, and software.
- General Project Support: Assist with daily project needs as assigned by the Project Principals, Managers and technical staff. Arrange for transport/deliver documentation as needed, track submittals and RFIs/RFPs, scan documents, download photos, update databases, create graphs/spreadsheets, research topics on the internet, and provide word processing and photocopying support. Maintain document and filing standards according to RDH standard document management process.
- Technical Data and Document Management: Receive data and relevant documents from clients and partners and save data according to RDH Project Information Management practices; undertake data processing and analysis under the guidance of technical staff; input data into in-house spreadsheets, Site Visit Report database, and others.
- Principal and Project Manager Support: Provide general assistance to senior staff as needed. This work may be fairly wide ranging, from the initial draft of documentation to preparing expenses, tracking submittals, billing and accounts receivable support, and assistance with expense reports.
- Administrative Assistance: Project initiation and file set-up, meeting arrangements including booking rooms, catering and A/V equipment coordination, managing registrations and memberships, and making travel bookings.
- Report/Proposal Writing: This includes creating an outline based on RFP requirements and developing non-technical written proposal content as well as preparing outgoing reports, including proofreading, formatting to RDH standard formats, and performing final quality control checks. Clear communication with clients and project staff is a required part of this work, as is an ability to work towards firm submission deadlines.
- Onboarding: Assist with ensuring new employees have a point of contact for basic questions and receive orientation to departmental practices (such as regular meetings) and basic operational issues (such as using Teams, Outlook etiquette, Project Directory, etc.).
- College program diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years previous work experience
- Administration experience providing preferably both project and staff support.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to anticipate project needs and identify work assignments independently
- Excellent organizational skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to successfully work under multiple deadline pressures (confidence to ask for deadlines/urgency is essential)
- Numerically inclined with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical editing/writing experience
- Meticulous, resourceful, and reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proactive approach and self-motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook; Power Point
- Comfortable working directly with Principals, senior managers and technical staff
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Flexibility, patience, and good judgement
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
The base salary range for this position is $50,000 – $60,000 annualized for a full-time role. Salary is dependent various factors, including qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. You may also be eligible for discretionary incentives and share ownership.
We offer a robust benefits package to support the well-being of our employees. This includes: GRSP contributions, Health and Dental coverage, Primary Caregiver benefits, Vacation and Sick Time, Statutory Holiday substitutions, and a learning fund of $1,000 per year for education or career goals.
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about Making Buildings Better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of buildings. Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally need apply.