Are you an administrative and project-focused superstar, with excellent communication skills and an eye for details? Do you enjoy providing operational support, interacting with people, multitasking, and developing relationships with external and internal clients? If so, RDH Oakland wants you to join us as a Project Assistant!
Although this individual will be involved with a wide variety of tasks, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Write and edit correspondence (such as transmittals, letters, emails, etc.) Create outlines and developing non-technical written content, proofreading, formatting to RDH standard formats, final quality control check, and distribution.
- Coordinate with staff across RDH office and practice areas to compile, assemble, and submit RFQs and proposals.
- Assist with daily project needs as assigned by the Project Principals, Managers, and technical staff.
- Manage relevant documents according to RDH standard document management processes.
- Provide administrative support to senior staff as needed. This work may be wide ranging, from the initial draft of documentation to preparing expenses, tracking submittals, and offering miscellaneous support to senior project managers and Project Principals.
- Provide general office support, including reception, when necessary. Include booking rooms, catering, and AV equipment coordination.
- College diploma or university degree, or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to anticipate project needs and identify work assignments independently
- Strong sense of urgency with excellent organizational skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to successfully work under multiple deadline pressures
- Numerically inclined with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical editing and writing experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point. Knowledge of Bluebeam Revu software would be an asset
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Interest in building science and making the buildings that we live, work, and play in better buildings
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally and permanently need apply.