Are you an administrative and project-focused superstar, with excellent communication skills and an eye for details? Do you enjoy providing operational support, interacting with people, multitasking, and developing relationships with external and internal clients? If so, RDH Seattle wants you to join us as a Project Assistant!
Office Administration Support
- Provide secondary back-up at the reception desk for the Office Administrator (cover lunch, breaks, later afternoons and misc errands).
- Scan documents, download photos, update databases, create graphs/spreadsheets, research topics on the internet, and provide Word processing and photocopying support.
- Maintain document and filing standards in accordance with RDH standard document management process
- Provide onboarding training of new staff for SharePoint, Vision, Outlook, Deltek, Yammer, RDH Learn and the other items outlined on the onboarding checklist.
- Secondary support for Request For Qualifications (RFQ) or Request For Proposals (RFP) efforts.
- Data mining activities including conflict checks.
- Assist with design support and quantity take-offs when requested.
- Attend meetings with Project Manager and client when requested, taking notes for distribution to attendees.
- Assist with preparation of the Bid Form in the specifications.
- Prepare the project-specific website with bid information needed for contractors.
- Assist the Project Manager by tracking contract signing with client and contractor.
- Ensure the GCs have Certificates of Insurance and W-9 forms to us before construction starts.
- Ensure the GCs has the most current plans and specifications before construction starts.
- Attend meetings with Project Manager and client when requested, taking notes for distribution to attendees. eg: project start-up meeting, Owner Architect Contractor weekly meetings. Follow up on action items.
- Transport/deliver documentation as needed.
- Track submittals and Requests For Information.
- Get contractor close-out documents based on the requirements of the specifications and permit.
- Ensure the contractor provides all close-out requirements before approving final retention payment.
- High School diploma/GED required
- College degree preferred
- 2-4 years experience working in office administration with progressively increasing responsibility.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Typing speed of 50-60 wpm
- Intermediate to advanced word processing skills (MS Word)
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities
- Drivers’ license and personal vehicle are required.
- There may be a need to attend after-hours client meetings and/or business events on an occasional basis.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally and permanently need apply.