The role of the Project Coordinator includes assisting Principals, Project Managers, Site Managers, and other team members with administration, communications, project support, and data management. This position requires that the Project Coordinator do what it takes to get the job accomplished and deliver consistently high quality and professional customer service. The day to day activities of this role are regularly subject to change, and the position requires an ability to self-manage and shift priorities to suit the needs.
The role of the Project Coordinator includes assisting Principals, Project Managers, Site Managers, and other team members with administration, communications, project support, and data management.
- Write and edit correspondence (such as transmittals, letters, email, etc.)
- Write, format and edit complex documents, reports, contracts, including text, tables, spreadsheets, graphics and other diverse content
- Correspond directly with clients regarding projects
- Initialize projects in internal tracking system and maintain project documents including contracts, POs and COs
- Proofread reports, records, and other data for accuracy and format consistency
- Assist with expense claims, credit card reconciliation, and project-specific billing
- Coordinate meetings, make calls, and run errands as needed
- Compile research, briefing notes, and materials for meetings including PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with generating proposals for each project or phase
- Keep track of all submittals and log that they have been completed
- Prepare subconsultant agreements and track subcontractors to ensure they have signed agreements and submitted certificates of insurance
- Coordinate and track subconsultant invoices
- Assist staff with travel arrangements
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling enclosure site meetings
- Track and collect information related to enclosure commissioning in order to prepare the enclosure commissioning report
- Track and collect material and product data to assist with preparation of building enclosure maintenance manuals and compile electronic archive of project documents for Owner
Specific responsibilities include:
- Report/Proposal Writing: This includes creating outlines and developing non-technical written content, proofreading, formatting to RDH standard formats, final quality control check, and distribution. Assist with writing and summarizing project briefs and short technical bulletins.
- General Project Support: Assist with daily project needs as assigned by the Project Principals, Managers and technical staff.
- Project Delivery: Assist the Project Managers to ensure that all projects meet internal requirements in areas such as budget, contract, billing, documentation, communication, and quality control. Develop an understanding of the overall scope of work for each project assigned.
- Technical Data and Document Management: Manage data and relevant documents according to RDH standard document management processes. Undertake data processing and analysis under the guidance of technical staff.
- Principal and Project Manager Support: Provide general assistanceto senior staff as needed. This work may be fairly wide ranging, from the initial draft of documentation to preparing expenses, tracking submittals and offering miscellaneous support to senior project managers and Project Principals.
- Account Receivables: connecting with clients and following up regarding payment.
- Administrative Assistance: Project initiation and file set-up, meeting arrangements including booking rooms, catering and AV equipment coordination.
- College diploma or university degree, or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to anticipate project needs and identify work assignments independently
- Strong sense of urgency with excellent organizational skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to successfully work under multiple deadline pressures
- Numerically inclined with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical editing and writing
- Meticulous, resourceful, and reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proactive approach and self-motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point. Knowledge of Bluebeam Revu software would be an asset
- Comfortable working directly with principals, senior managers and technical staff
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Interest in building science and making the buildings that we live, work, and play in better
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 200+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the USA legally and permanently need apply.