The Project Manager (Architect or Engineer) is a leadership role at RDH. The role, which could be undertaken by either an architect or engineer with experience of building enclosure projects includes contributing to existing building projects, while providing support for the Regional Service Area Leader as a project manager in business development and project delivery.
There will be a need to attend after-hours client meetings and/or business events on a fairly regular basis.
- For a range of building enclosure rehabilitation and renewals projects on existing buildings.
- Coordinate on site investigation of existing problems.
- Direct preparation of construction document packages for a range of renewals and rehabilitation projects.
- Coordinate building and development permit applications.
- Manage renewals and rehabilitation projects.
- Develop and manage relationships with clients for projects in our existing buildings sector.
- Participate in business development activities, marketing and proposal preparation.
- Write reports; prepare and deliver presentations.
- Supervise and mentor staff on projects.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions.
- Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience including extensive site experience
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or registered Architect AIBC
- Understanding of local building codes and municipal permitting processes
- CP designation is an asset
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of building enclosure design principles, architectural / building enclosure detailing and municipal codes and regulations
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to clients, employees, and other industry stakeholders via written reports and presentations
- Strong analytical, organizational, project management, and process improvement skills
- Ability to manage and shift focus between changing priorities and effectively manage time
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lead, mentor, and teach staff of all career levels in order to enrich and further develop their knowledge base.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships to foster teamwork and meet mutual goals/deliverables
- Understanding of residential, commercial and institutional building design and construction. Understanding of the needs and objectives of strata corporations and institutional building owners and how RDH may be able to assist them in meeting their goals.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.