Are you looking to work with a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team in an industry leading consulting firm? Do you want to work with a variety of construction properties and materials? If so, the Senior Façade Structural Engineer role in our Oakland office may be the position you are looking for!
- Participate and actively contribute to design workshops, where cladding solutions, glass and material selection are explored and determined. Workshops will be with architects and fellow professionals and with the cladding industry.
- Develop cladding solutions though free hand sketching, 2d and 3D CAD modelling. Such drawings and visualizations are often included in our tender information packages.
- Advise on glass and other typical cladding materials, develop decision tools such as matrixes.
- Produce specifications and reports and coordinating the work of others.
- Comment on cladding industry submittals.
- Witness testing and preparing associated technical reports.
- Carry out factory visits, site inspections and preparing associated technical reports.
- Supervise and coordinating the work of other team members and coordinating work with building professionals of other disciplines.
- Communicate with clients to establish their needs, and maintaining a dialogue throughout the project.
- Manage project teams to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering, Masters strongly preferred
- A minimum of 6 – 7 years of relevant experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Design skills associated cladding and envelope detailing.
- Experience of 3d computer modeling packages/2-D CAD is desired, but not essential.
- US Cladding industry experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Able to understand the balance of priorities on differing projects.
- Able to quickly develop successful client relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Project management experience in consulting engineering context.
- Be commercially aware.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally and permanently need apply.