The Senior Project Manager – Façade Structural role will take on leadership capacity in various projects at RDH. There will be a need to travel to other RDH offices for coordination with and training of Façade Structural engineering staff and support projects without local Façade Structural staff on as needed basis.
- Façade Structural Engineering
- Structural design of glazing systems and other cladding systems for institutional/government/commercial/residential construction
- Prepare engineering calculations and detailed designs; discuss project requirements and solutions with Principals, other Engineers and Clients
- Investigation of glazing system performance problems in the field
- Oversight of drawing preparation for fenestration systems
- Liaise with the Structural Engineer of Record and Coordinating Registered Professional as required.
- Liaise with clients, other consultants, contractors, building officials and suppliers as required
- Review architectural and structural drawings to become familiar with the overall building design intent including structural design of glazing systems and metal cladding.
- Review any other documentation, including maintenance records, targeted repair documents, and previous reports by other consultant/professionals.
- Prepare written reports; prepare and deliver presentations
- Participate in business development activities, marketing, and proposal preparation
- Supervise and assist with technical training of staff on projects
- Review existing QA/QC practices and advise FS Principals on ways to improve.
- Tracking of projects to ensure work is completed on time and on budget; invoicing
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 20 years in Structural engineering and Facade Structural experience
- Registered Professional Engineer in US jurisdictions;
- Demonstrated project management experience with increasing levels of responsibility and business development
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to undertake structural design work with a variety of materials, review designs by others, and direct the preparation of shop drawings, and specifications
- Knowledge of Facade Structural design techniques and principles.
- In depth knowledge of US building codes and regulations
- AutoCAD and Revit familiarity and experience an asset
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Highly motivated individual who works independently, but is also team oriented and can provide leadership
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to clients, employees, and other industry stakeholders via written reports and presentations
- Ability to lead, mentor, and teach staff of all career levels in order to enrich and further develop our knowledge base.
- May supervise other Façade Structural engineers and project management staff
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the USA legally and permanently need apply.