The Site Superintendent’s primary responsibility is to be onsite overseeing the construction of building enclosure renewal projects on a day-to-day basis, ensuring implementation of the project according to RDH’s high standards of professionalism.
- Work with RDH’s design team as required to review building enclosure details for constructability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Providing input into the project planning.
- Developing scopes of work for the project.
- Creating schedules with the Project Manager and preparing the site for start of construction.
- Assist in bidding and buyout of the project.
- Reviewing shop drawings and submittals for conformance with drawings and specifications.
- Ensure site is opened in the morning and secure at end of workday.
- Maintain on-site documentation, including site instructions, contract changes, RFIs, safety records and daily job-site logs.
- Ensure schedule is adhered to.
- Prepare 3-week look-ahead schedules each week, while keeping the overall MS Project schedule updated.
- Ensure site is operating safely. Provide first aid cover as required.
- Co-ordination, control and motivation of trade contractors.
- Hold contractors accountable to complete their scopes of work as per the project manual and to the highest industry standard.
- Coordinate and control the progression of the work.
- Ensure the scope of work is completed by trade contractors.
- Review work for quality assurance and design conformity.
- Work closely with the technical team to implement design and design changes.
- Liaise with RDH Project Manager daily while on site.
- Help with flow of information from trades to RDH office.
- Review and approve progress on fixed costs and additional costs.
- Assist in keeping project on budget.
- Consistently keep a daily log. Log must document in detail items below:
- Weather, trades working on site, description of work underway, deliveries, safety review of work site twice daily, incident reports.
- Must be available for overtime work on occasion.
- Driver’s license and own vehicle required.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Construction-related college degree is an asset, but not required.
- 10 years construction-related experience and 5 years construction site supervision experience.
- Experience with renovations of residential, condominium, or commercial projects would be preferred.
- Extensive experience working working in multi-family communities.
- Experience as a skilled tradesperson would be an asset.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrates the ability to work from construction drawings, specifications, and shop drawings.
- Ability to conceptualize details and anticipate constructability issues.
- Knowledge of the Seattle and Washington Building Code and experience coordinating and facilitating inspections.
- Effectively communicate with trade contractors, building occupants, and technical/design team.
- Ability to operate a safe site in accordance with WISHA regulations.
- Take a solution-based approach to issues and coordinate the correct team to resolve them.
- Highly motivated and works well independently but is also team oriented.
- Good decision maker, multi-tasker, and calm under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, and commitment to well-constructed projects.
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills.
- Experience using MS Project or other scheduling software. Able to become proficient at Project.
- Competent computer skills: Outlook, Excel, Word, Bluebeam, MS Project, and an ability to learn new software.
- Able to work at heights, climb ladders and scaffolding as part of overseeing the daily on-site project work.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
The base salary range for this position is $95,000 – $110,000 annualized for a full-time role. Salary is dependent on various factors, including qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. You may also be eligible for discretionary incentives and share ownership.
We offer a robust benefits package to support the well-being of our employees. This includes: 401k contributions, Health and Dental coverage, Life & Income Protection benefits, Primary Caregiver benefits, Vacation and Sick Time, Statutory Holiday substitutions, and a learning fund of $1,000 per year for education or career goals.
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about making buildings better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally need apply.