The Site Superintendent’s primary responsibility is to be onsite overseeing the construction of building enclosure renewal projects on a day-to-day basis, ensuring implementation of the project according to RDH’s high standards of professionalism.
- Work with RDH’s design team as required to review building enclosure details for constructability, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Have input into the project planning.
- Creating schedules with the Project Manger and preparing the site for start of construction.
- Ensure site is opened in the morning and secure at end of workday.
- Maintain on-site documentation, including site instructions, contract changes, safety records and daily job-site logs.
- Ensure schedule is adhered to.
- Ensure site is operating safely. Provide first aid cover as required.
- Co-ordination, control and motivation of trade contractors.
- Ensure contractors are completing their scopes of work as per the project manual and to the highest standard.
- Coordinate and control the progression of the work.
- Ensure scope of work is completed by trade contractors
- Review work for quality assurance and design conformity.
- Work closely with the technical team to implement design and design changes.
- Liaise with RDH Project Manager contact daily while on site.
- Help with flow of information from trades to RDH office.
- Review and approve progress on fixed costs and additional costs.
- Assist in keeping project on budget.
- High School diploma/GED required
- College degree preferred
- 5-10 years construction-related experience
- Experience with renovations of residential or commercial projects would be an asset
- Experience as a skilled tradesperson would be an asset
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to conceptualize details and anticipate constructability issues
- Effectively communicate with trade contractors, building occupants, and technical/design team
- Highly motivated and works well independently, but is also team-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, and commitment to well-constructed projects
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the USA legally and permanently need apply.