Is purposeful climate work in your future? Is your career pursuit in the built environment? Are you energized by seeing the direct impact of your work? Do you want to work with and learn from the best building science experts in Energy and Sustainability? Read on.
The Energy and Sustainability Project Engineer will be involved in a variety of project work as a technical specialist and/or project manager to support projects focused on energy and carbon emission reduction related to the built environment. With a team of project managers and technical staff, you can expect to contribute to projects focused on net zero carbon, net zero energy, Passive House, deep energy retrofits, LEED®, policy development, and market studies, while analyzing the holistic impact of design decisions from both an energy, carbon and financial perspective.
Your contribution will be fundamental to addressing the climate emergency.
This role can be based in our Burnaby or Toronto office.
WHY WE NEED THIS POSITION
Our clients are eager to reduce the environmental impact of buildings. Energy and carbon emission modelling, and financial modelling are often a catalyst for change in how buildings are designed, constructed, and operated. With a deep understanding of how buildings consume energy and emit carbon, backed by comprehensive analysis, we have the opportunity to steer the climate conversation throughout the life of a project. As more and more public and private entities look to reduce their impact, the need for such exploration is mounting.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking an experienced professional who has a strong interest in energy efficiency, and climate adaptation and mitigation. You have the ability to collaborate with clients, design teams, and internal team members on multiple projects, leading and switching gears as needed in a fast-paced environment. You are organized, communicate well, and can interpret technical analysis to deliver practical guidance to project teams.
NOW IN 6 BURSTS:
- Experience: Bachelor or Masters degree in an engineering or building science related field preferred; or, previous experience in building design or construction-related field. 5+ years related experience including 1-2 years project management experience.
- Special Skills: Energy modelling software such as eQuest, EnergyPlus, IESVE and/or DesignBuilder, Passive House Planning Package or WUFIPassive. Understanding of building science, heat transfer, and thermodynamics fundamentals, related to energy efficient building technologies.
- Passion: Work with a team of project managers and technical specialists to influence change through energy and carbon analysis.
- Role: Technical and project leadership including project management, whole building energy, carbon and financial modelling and review; research, report, and presentation development and review.
- Attributes: Results-oriented, people person, life-long learner, communicate clearly, curious, questioning, detail-oriented, organized, and analytical.
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about making buildings better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the Canada legally need apply.