The publications and training manager’s primary duties include technical leadership and project management on various publication and training focused projects including but not limited to the development of best practice design guides, technical bulletins, textbooks, training programs, presentations, and educational videos. The publications and training manager represents RDH, directly interacting with clients, with overall responsibilities from project inception to completion, including managing project budgets, invoicing, project staff, and schedules.
Remote opportunities available. Preference towards proximity near our West Coast offices.
- Lead and contribute to all phases of technical publication development and management including: authoring, reviewing, and revising building science focused publications and training materials for technical accuracy; identifying opportunities to communicate technical information through graphics, photos, and other visual representations; directing and quality controlling the production of visual assets; coordinating project schedules and staff for all phases of development, review, and delivery; reviewing and implementing internal and external review comments and feedback.
- Work closely with internal and external subject matter specialists, instructional designers, editors, graphics developers, and digital publication staff to achieve project outcomes.
- Interface with clients to identify education/training goals, coordinate material review stages, hold review and/or working sessions, and present deliverables.
- Develop project scope of services, prepare proposals, and develop project schedules and budgets.
- Drive project schedules to meet internal milestones and client driven deliverable timelines.
- Degree with a focus on architecture, engineering, or construction
- 5+ years experience contributing to the development of building science focused technical publications and/or training materials written for a breadth of audience/readers
- Interest in being part of a growing service area with a goal of making all buildings better
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to author content for different building industry audiences including designers, builders, and other industry professionals
- Acute attention to detail for both written and visual content
- Proactive and results-oriented with the ability to take initiative and to work with little supervision
- Capacity for innovation, creativity, research, analysis, and strategic thinking
- Excellent organizational skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while supporting multiple simultaneous projects
- Knowledge of best practices and application of emerging technologies in learning, training, and publication of materials is an asset
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about Making Buildings Better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of buildings. Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally need apply.