Are you passionate about building science and looking for a career where you can help Make Buildings Better? Are you energized by seeing the direct impact of your work? Do you want to learn from pioneers of the industry, working on a diverse array of projects? Read on.
At RDH, you will work alongside some of the most knowledgeable experts in the industry while building a wealth of positive experience and focusing on professional growth. We’re creative thinkers who lead our field because of the fervent curiosity behind every solution we create. We make space for people to play, grow, and explore their passions.
The Building Science Engineer (EIT) role is an entry-level position primarily responsible for coordinating projects and providing building science recommendations and consultative engineering services to senior project managers. Working on existing structures with building enclosure failures, the EIT will conduct building enclosure condition assessments and lead subsequent repair and rehabilitation efforts. Working on new structures, the EIT will confirm conformance with the project documents and perform field testing of various components of the building. Work requires frequent interpretation of data, goals, and objectives and discussion of problems with various individuals or groups to resolve problematic situations.
This role will primarily work on construction site field review and project coordination. This position naturally leads to Professional Engineering licensure and a Project Manager role as experience and responsibilities are increased over time.
WHY WE NEED THIS POSITION:
This is an entry-level opportunity for someone who has a strong initiative and who has a passion for making a difference in our communities through building science. We seek someone who values teams and will collaborate well with various project managers and clients on multiple projects, switching gears as needed in a fast-paced environment. If you are a continuous learner, organized, creative, client-oriented, solutions driven and interested in becoming the expert you want to be, we’d love to hear from you.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Preference for majors in architectural, mechanical, civil or similar.
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal, and sketching.
- Some previous construction or project management experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- Eligibility for EIT licensure preferred.
NOW IN 6 BURSTS:
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree in an engineering. Preference for majors in architectural, mechanical, civil or similar. Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and sketching.
- Bonus Experience: Previous construction or project management experience, and eligibility for EIT licensure.
- Special Skills:Knowledge and application of engineering theory. Ability to manage time and projects independently.
- Passion: Work with a team of project managers and technical specialists to make buildings better.
- Role: Documentation review, field testing, research, report, and presentation development. Attend regular site meeting with owners, architects, contractors, developers, product manufacturers, and any other relevant parties to discuss progress of the work.
- Attributes: Listen and seek first to understand, life-long learner, communicate clearly, get results, curious, questioning, detail-oriented, organized, and analytical.
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about making buildings better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally need apply.