The Project Assistant role provides critical support for our engineering team. In this role you will be involved with a diverse set of responsibilities and tasks, primarily working with our Principals and Project Managers to perform a range of duties including assisting with proposal development and tracking, proofreading reports, organizing catering, coordinating meetings, and maintain internal management information. You will need to be highly organized, adaptable, good at prioritizing, and excellent at communicating with a broad set of team members to ensure objectives are met. The ability to proactively identify needs and provide assistance is a key to success in this role.
- Report/Proposal Writing: This includes creating an outline based on RFP requirements and developing non-technical written proposal content as well as preparing outgoing reports, including proofreading, formatting to RDH standard formats, and performing final quality control checks. Clear communication with clients and project staff is a required part of this work, as is an ability to work towards firm submission deadlines.
- General Project Support: Assist with daily project needs as assigned by the Project Principals, Managers and technical staff. Arrange for transport/deliver documentation as needed, track submittals and RFIs/RFPs, scan documents, download photos, update databases, create graphs/spreadsheets, research topics on the internet, and provide word processing and photocopying support. Maintain document and filing standards according to RDH standard document management process.
- Documentation: Assist with the preparation of project documentation including guideline documents, graphics, specifications, and other documentation needed for effective project delivery.
- Team Effectiveness: Proactively identify work assignments that need to be completed. Work with other members of the team to provide backup support as needed.
- Technical Data and Document Management: Receive data and relevant documents from clients and partners and save data according to RDH Project Information Management practices; undertake data processing and analysis under the guidance of technical staff; input data into in-house spreadsheets, BAMs, Site Visit Report database, and others.
- Principal and Project Manager Support: Provide general assistance to senior staff as needed. This work may be fairly wide ranging, from the initial draft of documentation to preparing expenses, tracking submittals, billing and accounts receivable support, and assistance with expense reports.
- Health & Safety Administration Support: Work with the Health & Safety team to provide general administration support.
- Learning & Development Support: Work with the Learning & Development Coordinator to provide general administration support.
- Administrative Assistance: Project initiation and file set-up, meeting arrangements including booking rooms, catering and AV equipment coordination, managing registrations and memberships, and making travel bookings.
- Onboarding: Assist with ensuring new employees to the service area have a point of contact for basic questions and receive orientation to departmental practices (such as regular meetings) and basic operational issues (such as using Teams, Outlook etiquette, Project Directory, etc.).
- Reception Relief: Provide back up to reception as required.
- College program diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years previous work experience
- Administration experience providing preferably both project and staff support.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to anticipate project needs and identify work assignments independently
- Strong sense of urgency with excellent organizational skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines (confidence to ask for deadlines/urgency is essential)
- Ability to successfully work under multiple deadline pressures
- Numerically inclined with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical editing/writing experience a necessity
- Meticulous, resourceful, and reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are essential
- Proactive approach and self-motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook; Power Point
- Comfortable working directly with Principals, senior managers and technical staff
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Flexibility, patience, and good judgement will be necessary.
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada and US legally and permanently need apply.