Are you a passionate, organized, self-starter looking to join a talented team? Do you want to work with a company driven to make a lasting, positive impact? Read on.
At RDH, you will work alongside some of the most knowledgeable experts in the industry. We’re creative thinkers who lead our field because of the fervent curiosity behind every solution we create. We make space for people to play, grow, and explore their passions.
The Project Assistant role provides critical support for our engineering teams. In this role and as part of a broader Project Assistant team, you will be involved with a diverse set of responsibilities and tasks, primarily working with our Principals and Project Managers to perform a range of administrative duties including, but not limited to, proofreading reports, setting up proposals, coordinating meetings, and maintaining internal management information. You will need to be highly organized, adaptable, good at prioritizing, and excellent at communicating with a broad set of team members to ensure objectives are met. The ability to proactively identify needs and provide assistance is a key to success in this role.
- Report/Proposal Writing: This includes creating an outline based on RFP requirements and developing non-technical written proposal content as well as preparing outgoing reports, including proofreading, formatting to RDH standard formats, and performing final quality control checks. Clear communication with clients and project staff is a required part of this work, as is an ability to work towards firm submission deadlines.
- General Project Support: Assist with daily project needs as assigned by the Project Principals, Managers and technical staff. Arrange for transport/deliver documentation as needed, track submittals and RFIs/RFPs, scan documents, download photos, update databases, create graphs/spreadsheets, research topics on the internet, and provide word processing and photocopying support. Maintain document and filing standards according to RDH standard document management process.
- Documentation: Assist with the preparation of project documentation including guideline documents, graphics, specifications, and other documentation needed for effective project delivery.
- Team Effectiveness: Proactively identify work assignments that need to be completed. Work with other members of the team to provide backup support as needed, as part of the broader Project Assistant team.
- Technical Data and Document Management: Receive data and relevant documents from clients and partners and save data according to RDH Project Information Management practices; undertake data processing and analysis under the guidance of technical staff; input data into in-house spreadsheets, Site Visit Report database, and others.
- Principal and Project Manager Support: Provide general assistance to senior staff as needed. This work may be fairly wide ranging, including the initial draft of documentation, the preparation of expense reports, and billing and accounts receivable support.
- Health & Safety Administration Support: Work with the Health & Safety team to provide general administration support.
- Learning & Development Support: Work with the Learning & Development Coordinator to provide general administration support.
- Administrative Assistance: Project initiation and file set-up, meeting arrangements including booking rooms, catering and AV equipment coordination, managing registrations and memberships, and making travel bookings.
- Onboarding: Assist with ensuring new employees to the service area have a point of contact for basic questions and receive orientation to departmental practices and basic operational issues.
- Reception Relief: Provide back up to reception as required.
- College program diploma or equivalent.
- Previous administration experience in a professional work environment preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to anticipate project needs and identify work assignments independently
- Strong sense of urgency with excellent organizational skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines (confidence to ask for deadlines/urgency is essential)
- Ability to successfully work under multiple deadline pressures
- Numerically inclined with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical editing/writing experience a necessity
- Meticulous, resourceful, and reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are essential
- Proactive approach and self-motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, & Power Point
- Comfortable working directly with Principals, senior managers, technical staff and project assistants
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Flexibility, patience, and good judgement will be necessary
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about making buildings better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek balanced representation in our teams, and to achieve a welcoming and inclusive community for all people who share a passion for our values and mission. We believe diverse thought, ideas, and voices make us great – people of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally need apply.