The primary role of the Project Assistant is to provide Proposal Support and Project Coordination. This includes assisting Principals, Project Managers and other members of the Existing Buildings team with administration, communications, project support, and data management.
We are looking for someone who is approachable, and detail oriented with an ability to prioritize and self-direct a daily workload including juggling simultaneous priorities while maintaining the ability to consistently meet deadlines and complete projects. This is for a one-year maternity leave with the potential to become a permanent position.
- Report/Proposal Writing: This includes creating an outline based on RFP requirements and develop non-technical written content, preparing outgoing reports, including proofreading, formatting to RDH standard formats, final quality control check, and distribution to clients, project staff and project files (design reports, investigation reports, litigation reports, research reports, technical papers, energy reports, and proposals). Assisting with writing and summarizing project briefs and short technical bulletins.
- General Project Support: Assist with daily project needs as assigned by the Project Principals, Managers and technical staff. Arrange for transport/deliver documentation as needed, track submittals and RFIs/RFPs, scan documents, download photos, update databases, create graphs/spreadsheets, research topics on the internet, and provide word processing and photocopying support. Maintain document and filing standards according to RDH standard document management process.
- Documentation: Assist with the preparation of project documentation including transmittals, specifications, specification building blocks, guideline documents, graphics and other documentation needed for effective project delivery.
- Team Effectiveness: Proactively identify work assignments that need to be completed. Work with other members of the team to provide backup support as needed. The role will include the training of other staff.
- Technical Data and Document Management: Receive data and relevant documents from clients and partners and save data on the company server; undertake data processing and analysis under the guidance of technical staff; input data into in-house spreadsheets, Site Visit Report database, and others.
- Principal and Project Manager Support: Provide general assistance to senior staff as needed. This work may be fairly wide ranging, from the initial draft of documentation to preparing expenses, tracking submittals, billing and accounts receivable support.
- Administrative Assistance: Project initiation and file set-up, meeting arrangements including booking rooms, catering and AV equipment coordination, registrations, memberships, and travel booking, make calls and run errands.
- Onboarding: Assist with ensuring new employees to the service area have a point of contact for basic questions and receive orientation to departmental practices (such as regular meetings) and basic operational issues (such as using Skype for Business, Outlook etiquette, server orientation etc).
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE:
- College program diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a similar administration role
- Technical editing/writing experience a necessity
- Experience preparing responses to RFP/RFIs preferred
- Excellent demonstrated experience with Microsoft Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language are required
- Numerically inclined with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Goal oriented self-starter who can work independently and reliably with minimal supervision and has an appetite for continuous learning; comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment to proactively and independently solve problems and make decisions
- Collaborative and demonstrates initiative, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Resourceful, flexible and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with evolving responsibilities and processes
- Exceptional time-management and organizational & prioritizing skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to successfully work under multiple deadline pressures and multiple project managers
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to multi-task and be flexible to take on varied responsibilities
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 200+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply using the form below and ensure that your cover letter and resume are included as one PDF.
Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.