Are you looking to work with a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team in an industry leading firm? Do you want to work with a variety of construction properties and materials? Do you have experience with glazing system technology and enjoy engaging in structural analysis? If so, the Structural Engineer (EIT) role in our Oakland office may be the position you are looking for!
Although this individual will be involved with a wide variety of tasks, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Structural design of glazing systems and other cladding systems for commercial/residential construction
- Design of structural repairs, renovations and seismic retrofitting of existing wood frame buildings
- Field Review of fabrication and installation at project sites, with corresponding reports
- Prepare engineering calculations and detailed designs; discuss project requirements and solutions with Senior Engineers and Clients
- Investigation of glazing system performance problems in the field
- Investigation and documentation of structural failures and performance problems in the field
- Preparation of sketches and drawings for structural repairs and retrofitting using Autocad and Revit
- Civil engineering degree from ABET accredited university required
- EIT with 2 years of US structural experience designing with wood, steel and concrete, or 1 year of specialized façade structural engineering experience. Aluminum and glazing is a plus.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Familiarity with IBC, CBC and industry standards
- Strong computer skills and working experience with FEM
- AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino is a plus. Ability to see and present in 3d using software or freehand is a must.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the US legally and permanently need apply.