Keynote – Wood Enclosure Systems: Design and Research Considerations
Structural Engineering: Beyond Five-Stories
Codes Update – New England Region
Fire Engineering – Mass Timber and Fire Engineering
Looking forward – Mass Timber Trends and Obstacles
As the design and construction industry continues to search for more sustainable and cost-efficient methods of construction, mass timber has presented itself as both a viable and a desirable option. With this new wave of design and construction comes challenges not faced by more conventional building systems and enclosure products. The virtual Mass Timber Enclosure Symposium – New England Region, hosted by RDH in November 2021, featured industry leaders discussing different aspects of mass timber enclosure design and risk mitigation. The specialists speaking at this day-long symposium explored and discussed a range of topics relevant to the design and construction of mass timber enclosures in the New England region with a focus on managing risk and increasing the long-term durability of mass timber enclosures. This on-demand course consists of all the recorded symposium main stage sessions.
This webinar series is a learning opportunity for developers, architects, engineers, contractors, and students who are leading or contributing to mass timber projects in the New England region. Industry professionals from all across North America are also likely to find value in the discussions and information shared during these webinar.
You’ll Learn About:
1. Identifying how different types of mass timber components are used within building enclosure assemblies.
2. The latest research, innovations, and resources available to support mass timber enclosure design and construction decisions.
3. Applying general fire code provisions governing mass timber to low- and high-rise construction designs.
4. Understanding how wood can be used effectively to decrease embodied energy of building skins and improve their overall environmental impact.
5. Determining how to effectively manage the risk of construction phase moisture.
6. Identifying the technologies, scientific uncertainties, and economic obstacles that provide challenges to the future implementation of mass timber in building construction.
7. Identifying the building codes governing mass timber construction in the New England region.